Are you looking for a dynamic career in digital design? Then you might just be the perfect addition to our team of rockstars at EY VODW!
EY VODW is a proud member of EY Design and Engineering, a collective of 1700+ innovation specialist from across the globe. We’re a team of innovation strategists, designers, researchers, and creatives based at EY’s Antwerp campus (next to Berchem Station). With over a decade of innovation experience – and thousands of industry experts on-demand for consultation – EY VODW is here to help clients design the businesses of tomorrow, today.
You are a Web, App, Digital, or UX/UI Designer with diverse talents. You’ve mastered a variety of design domains and have the skillset to prove it on the job. But to be honest, your true passion lies in visualizing digital products. You thrive on creating visually stunning interfaces that not only catch the eye, but also enhance the end user’s experience.
Innovation mindset: When you join team VODW, you’ll be joining a group that drives innovation across all industries in the business world. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, with the unique opportunity to visualize and shape ideas at their early stages, while also contributing to the development of new concepts for large corporations – think innovative products, services, and experiences.
International network: You’ll also have access to an international network of like-minded designers, providing you with the opportunity to collaborate and exchange ideas with other creative professionals from around the world. This will allow you to further expand your skills and knowledge, while contributing to the growth of the company and your own professional development.
A-to-Z concepting: As our new Digital Designer, you’ll be responsible for taking a concept and refining it into a well-designed (digital) solution. You’ll work on everything from high-level prototypes and mockups to end-to-end user flows – and it’s second nature for you to take a human-centered approach. During your design sprints, you’ll work alongside our team of expert digital strategists, product owners, and client stakeholders.
Iterative champion: You know in your bones that testing and iterative design are crucial when launching early-stage solutions. You love to work at a high pace and derive energy from UX and UI design – not just concept design.
Your key responsibilities
As a VODW Digital Designer, you will:
- Define and deliver digital solutions for our clients, and gather feedback by creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups;
- Turn great ideas into tangible prototypes such as mobile app mockups, iPad prototypes for client interviews, mini-landing pages, website mock-ups, animated storyboards, and UX/UI projects;
- Design and create visually stunning and user-friendly interfaces for websites, mobile apps, and other digital products;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, product managers, and other designers, to gather requirements and ensure design consistency;
- Create graphics, icons, and other visual elements that align with brand guidelines and enhance the overall user experience;
- Ensure designs are accessible and meet industry standards for usability, accessibility, and web/mobile responsiveness;
- Participate in design sprints at your client and develop prototypes;
- Work with our teams of innovation consultants as well as with clients, based at our Antwerp office and move around to client sites when needed.
Skills and attributes for success
- You have a keen eye and a strong sense of typography, color theory, and layout that brings life to digital products.
- You have a solid grasp of UX design principles and methodologies, including user research, usability testing, and user-centric design, allowing you to create products that are both aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.
- You thrive working collaboratively and have strong communication skills to articulate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders.
- You are a compassionate people-manager, ready to take on coaching responsibilities with our junior colleagues.
- Your ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously makes you a reliable asset to any project.
- You are passionate about staying up-to-date with emerging design trends, tools, and technologies that keep you ahead of the curve.
- You have a natural ability to receive and incorporate feedback effectively, allowing you to improve and refine your designs with each iteration.
- Your genuine interest in innovation and business design, in the broad sense, drives your passion to create products that make sense for a market, company, and user.
- Your positive attitude, strong work ethic, and desire to learn and grow as a designer make you an invaluable member of any team.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in arts, design, or clearly demonstrated work experience as a UX/UI designer;
- 2-5 years in UX/UI design with solid experience working with popular graphic software;
- Experience with Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, Prototyping, Customer Validation, Lean and Agile methodologies;
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a proficient level of business English;
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A global mindset, eagerness to learn, and the ability to function in international teams;
- People management and project management experience.
- Graphic/Visual Design: Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/XD); Figma; Sketch; etc;
- Digital (animated) Mockups/Interaction design: InVision, POP; Marvel; Flinto;
- Others: working with Mac & MS Office (Powerpoint, Keynote).
What working at EY offers
- You join a dynamic, young team, exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services, and customer experience;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We offer extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.