EY VODW represents the customer-centric innovation practice in Belgium and is a specialized team delivering customer-focused solutions. Our focus is on helping large companies understand their customers better and design, build and launch new innovative products, services, and corporate ventures. We support our clients from innovation strategy to working MVP and scaling new solutions and services in the market.
EY VODW has a multi-disciplinary team of + 100 professionals in Belgium and the Netherlands combined and is part of a network of 1.500 + innovation experts throughout Europe. Our team has innovation strategists, service designers, UX/UI designers, data scientists, transformation experts, marketing technologists, and product developers. We are located in the Antwerp innovation hub, the Wavespace (just next to Berchem train station).
To further professionalize and grow our customer experience competence, we are actively looking for Service Design Lead to push our practice to the next level.
In short, the new team member we are looking for:
- Is obsessed with service design and Human centered Design Principles
- A coach who can guide the team around facilitation, co-creation methods, research , prototyping and delivery.
- Experience in promoting a business and its work with the purpose of new business development, thought leadership, speaking at events etc
Does this sound familiar?
As our Service design lead, you are expected to:
- Work with the leadership of EY VODW to define standard methodologies and practices around Service Design
- Leading your team and projects in all things Service Design.
- Use service design methods to solve complex business problems, think strategically about opportunities, and facilitate the creation of a shared service design vision
- Input into and implement the processes and ways of working through which Service Design will be implemented.
- Champion Service Design within the organization, educating your partners and taking them on a journey to truly understand the value of service design
- Be a key contributor in thought leadership around Service Design.
- Must possess ability to influence and impact partners
- Strong content design and presentation skills
Enjoys contributing ideas and following through on team-based work
As a project lead, you are expected to:
- Take the lead in defining the project approach by identifying the most relevant research and service methodologies and tools.
- Supervise project work prepared by junior/ senior consultants, providing feedback and guidance on quality outputs encouraging them to think critically
- Deliver and promote exceptional service on engagements: apply an understanding of client needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope.
- Actively build positive relationships with clients with integrity and authenticity, understanding the client’s perspective and organizational culture.
- You have 10 to 15 years of experience as a Service Designer, working on a diverse range of problems in a human-centric way. You have a portfolio of projects that you can discuss and demonstrate how you have applied service design to business or organizational challenges either in-house or within a consulting role.
- You have the experience to guide the team in diving into, and map the complex backstage capabilities such as Technology, People, Processes, and Policies
- Your forte is an engaging narrative that is used to help clients to empathise with the research insights, as well as to bring to life the desired customer experience
- Able to confidently facilitate and lead workshops with both designers and project partners to create a shared understanding of the problem space, the users, and the end to end journey
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships within a diverse partner community, manage their expectations and consider multiple perspectives in the definition of solutions
- Coach others in the approaches and mentality of Design Thinking to help accelerate the adoption of design within the organization.
- Mentor other service designers to help them with their development
- Ability to lead projects, as well as other service designers internally and externally
- You are aware of the latest digital developments, curious, and actively looking to learn.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French, with professional knowledge of English.