As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY VODW represents the customer-centric innovation practice in Belgium and is a specialized team, delivering customer-focused solutions. Our focus is on helping large companies understand their customers better and design, build and launch new innovative products, service concepts and corporate ventures. We support our clients from innovation strategy to working MVP and scaling new solutions in the market.
EY VODW has a multi-disciplinary team of 100 people in Belgium and the Netherlands and is part of a network of 1.000+ innovation experts throughout Europe.
Our team has innovation strategists, UX/UI/prototype designers, data scientists, Agile transformation experts, growth marketers and developers.
We are located in the Antwerp innovation hub, the Wavespace (just next Berchem train station).
As a UX Researcher at EY VODW, you help transform companies into more customer-centric organizations. Your aim is to:
- Define UX research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Apply these methodologies throughout client-facing projects (aimed at building better products and services)
- Coach and challenge team members in UX research
You do this as part of our broader multidisciplinary team (Digital Strategist, UX/UI Designers, Marketing Technologists, Growth Marketers, and Data Scientists).
Your key responsibilities
- You have an active client-facing role, where you display your customer experience expertise to deliver high-quality outputs;
- You support identifying client issues and proposing the most appropriate approach for challenges that our clients face;
- Build relationships with clients;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of UX research methods both quantitative and qualitative
- Help develop leading UX research methodologies (incl playbook, tools & processes)
- Identify improvements in the end-to-end UX research process to make the research process more efficient, scalable, and impactful and can put things in motion
- Actively coach UX designers in doing proper UX research
- Assist during user testing and help with the synthesis process to uncover insights
- Drive broader and explorative UX research initiatives to find new opportunities
- Take the lead in developing user insights-driven assets (e.g. persona, design language system)
- Evangelize user research, raising awareness across teams on the impact of UX research
Degree and specialism
- Master degree in economics, marketing, sociology, psychology, communication, …
Technical knowledge and certificates
- You are familiar with the design thinking process and understand how user research can help in the different phases of this methodology
- You have a thorough understanding of the UX research methods, can select the right user research method based on the research objective and are on top of the newest user research methods
- You have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities of a UX designer and understand how to support him in extracting the right insights to challenge and validate the solution and the design
- You know how to conduct effective customer interviews, to gather qualitative information;
- You have experience with quantitative customer research;
- You are a consultant/advisor at heart: you strive to find solutions and options, not issues.
- You understand what it means to work collaboratively with a broader team.
- You partner effectively with business stakeholders & solve problems. You’re comfortable and effective at framing decisions with clear and logical arguments.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, with experience facilitating group discussions, workshops on the topic of customer experience and customer journeys.
- Solid experience in one or more of the following sectors is a plus: Public sector, Telco, Power and Utilities, Life Sciences.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and proficient level of business English.
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and feel comfortable with coaching others on the topic of UX research
- You are a team player, always eager to help a colleague out
- You are used to working in multidisciplinary teams with members who have different expectations towards UX Research (e.g. UX designer, product manager, marketing)
- You join a dynamic, young team, exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services, and customer experience;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan, etc.).;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to helping you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people.
You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose.
We are EY. Your dream career begins here.