As a UX Researcher at EY VODW, you help transform companies into more customer-centric organizations. Your goal is to:
- Develop leading User research methodologies, to deliver research in time and quality
- Apply these methodologies throughout client-facing User research projects
- Train and coach the EY VODW team in applying them and delivering quality User research within their own projects
Your key responsibilities
- You have an active client-facing role: you build relationships with clients, display your User research expertise to deliver high-quality outputs, and support identifying their challenges and proposing the most appropriate approach
- You maintain and further develop a toolbox of leading User research methodologies (guidelines, templates, external tools, etc.), both qualitative and quantitative
- You identify improvements in the end-to-end delivery of User research, and put in place solutions to make both the research and its process more efficient, scalable, and impactful in the context of the agile way of working
- You actively coach designers in making the best use of the toolbox and its related processes: thinking critically about when research is needed, selecting the right method for their need, then scoping, preparing and delivering the research to drive strategic decisions
- You collaborate with other coaches and researchers to follow up on research requests and feed designers with available resources and data
- When needed, you participate to interviews and user tests, and take part in the insight analysis and reporting phase to support the production of quality insights
- You evangelize User research, raising awareness across teams on its importance and impact
Degree and specialism
- Master degree in economics, marketing, sociology, psychology, innovation, …
Technical knowledge and certificates
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, with experience facilitating group discussions and workshops and giving trainings, both in a physical and digital environment
- You are very familiar with the design thinking mindset, and know how user research can bring the insights needed within each different phase of the innovation process
- You have a good knowledge of a variety of User research methods, and have solid hands-on experience on at least 3 of the following: shadowing, interviews, concept tests, usability tests, smoke testing, online surveys, web analytics, A/B testing
- You know the difference between qualitative and quantitative research, behavioral and attitudinal research, and are able to explain their pros and cons to others
- You can formulate a clear research objective, select the right user research method(s) to reach it, then write related research questions in a precise way
- You have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities of designers, business analysts, marketers and/or Product Owners, and understand how to support them in conducting user research and obtaining insights to drive their strategic decisions
- Solid experience in one or more of the following sectors is a plus: Public sector, Telco, Power and Utilities, Life Sciences.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a proficient level of business English.
- You are a team player, always eager to help a colleague out
- You are positive and solution oriented: you strive to find possible options, not issues, and enjoy collaborating with experts of many fields to work on common solutions, processes and resources
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills; you are energized by coaching and knowledge sharing, and are able to establish a fun and safe learning atmosphere while doing so, thanks to your active listening skills and empathy
- You have a critical eye and quickly identify improvement areas in other people’s work; you are able to communicate them in a constructive and non-threatening way, adapting your communication to your audience.
- You can also be assertive and make your point across when the situation requires, and are comfortable and effective at framing decisions with clear and logical arguments
- You join a dynamic, young team, exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services and customer experience
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan, etc.)
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to helping you achieve a work-life balance
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
At EY, the spotlight is on our people.
You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose.
We are EY. Your dream career begins here.