As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY VODW represents the customer-centric innovation practice in Belgium and is a specialized team, delivering customer-focused solutions. Our focus is on helping large companies understand their customers better and design, build and launch new innovative products, services and corporate ventures. We support our clients from innovation strategy to working MVP and scaling new solutions in the market.
EY VODW has a multi-disciplinary team of + 100 professionals in Belgium and the Netherlands combined, and is part of a network of 1.500 + innovation experts throughout Europe. Our team has innovation strategists, product designers, data scientists, transformation experts, marketing technologists and product developers. We are located in the Antwerp innovation hub, the Wavespace (just next Berchem train station).
In response to further professionalize and grow our Innovation Strategy competence, we are actively looking for a Senior Consultant – Innovation Strategy to push our practice to the next level.
As Senior Consultant – Innovation strategy, you are expected to:
- You will participate in projects with a top team of strategists, designers, marketing experts, and data specialists to help senior leaders drive growth through innovation.
- Identify client needs and propose the most appropriate approach to establish a successful outcome: project plan, budget, innovation governance, and the appropriate innovation methodologies
- Apply human-centered methodologies to establish the desirability of new business concepts
- Apply business & financial strategy and tactics to explore and define viable business concepts (new products, services, business models).
- Translate new business concepts into value and impact through a language that business stakeholders (executives) are familiar with.
- Organize, lead and facilitate strategic workshops.
- Join our Innovation Strategy Competence and help develop existing (and new) offerings, build-up knowledge, connect with our global EY network, and drive new projects
- Contribute as in ‘intrapreneur to the further growth and development of the EY VODW team
- Degree and specialism
Master’s degree in business & economics, entrepreneurship & innovation, marketing, or equivalent …
- Experience in relevant field
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in consultancy or client-focused project work
- You master core consulting skills and used to work in team
- You demonstrate strong project results in the field of Strategy and Innovation.
- You analyse complex problems within client assignments and are able to deliver insightful and practical solutions in a structured manner;
- You are able to build-up a professional dialogue with executive stakeholders in large national and/or international companies.
- Technical knowledge and certificates
- You demonstrate a good understanding of strategic thinking & innovation
- You have experience in helping companies come up with:
- New products
- New service concepts
- New business model
- You are able to understand and consolidate market data combined with good analytical skills to rationalize strategic directions (through a business case)
- You are familiar with working in agile and multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in industries such as FMCG, Life Sciences, Public sector is a plus (but not mandatory).
- You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
- Language skills
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and proficient level of business English.
- Soft skills
- Strong team spirit, in combination with a healthy sense of autonomy
- Excellent communication skills
- A global mindset, eagerness to learn, and the ability to function in international teams
- People management and project management experience
- You join a dynamic, young team, exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services, and customer experience;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc.).;
- We offer extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
Your dream career begins here.