At EY-VODW you will be at the core of many innovative business ideas. You work in a fast-paced environment and help visualize ideas at their early stages. You drive innovation in large corporates by ideating on new concepts (products or services, experiences,..).
As a concept designer, you are responsible for the ideation process, where we go from idea to visual prototypes in iterative design sprints, to develop, test and challenge ideas. In this sprints you work alongside our digital strategists and clients.
You go from high-level sketches, to wireframes to product mock-ups.
You like to work at a high-pace and derive your energy from conceptual design, not pixel-perfect UI design. You understand what we need to test and challenge assumptions early in the process.
- You are involved in defining and delivering digital solutions for our clients;
- You strive for impact: as a designer, you know the first step is to define the right business opportunity and framing the right challenge to tackle. You appreciate the business strategy aspect of concept design;
- You drive the ideation and evaluation process, where you focus on testing assumptions early on with users/customers/….
- You do this in a team with at least a digital strategist, and possibly data scientists or marketing technologists;
- You contribute by turning great ideas into tangible prototypes such as mobile app mockup, iPad & sms-prototypes for client interviews, mini-landing pages, website mock-up, animated storyboard, UX/UI projects, etc;
- You participate in design sprints at your client and develop creative visualizations;
- You work with our teams of innovation consultants as well as with clients. Which means you will be based at our Antwerp office and move around to client sites when needed;
- You represent the UX side of things. You provide guidance on design best-practices.
- You are a conceptual thinker and you like to operate on a strategic, concept development level;
- You are a passionate designer and you have the skills needed to create digital designs at a high level. You know what you are doing and you are proud of your work;
- You love to transform an abstract idea into a tangible visualization;
- You are more excited about making a first sketch rather than finalizing the details at the end;
- You are genuinely interested in innovation and business design in the broad sense: what products make sense for a market, company, user;
- You can substantiate your design choices and know how to inspire others with these choices;
- You get energy from participating in workshops where you pitch & critique each other’s ideas;
- You are a team-player and believe in co-creation;
- You are aware of the latest digital developments, curious and actively looking to learn.
Degree and specialism
- Bachelor degree in arts, design,… or a clearly demonstrated work experience as a digital concept designer.
Years of experience in relevant field
- You have 4-6 years of experience in UX design and know your way around most graphical software;
- You have experience with Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, Prototyping, Customer Validation, Lean and Agile methodologies.
Technical knowledge and certificates
- Screencasting/editing: Final Cut; Quicktime, Premiere, etc;
- Digital (animated) Mockups/Interaction design: InVision, POP; Marvel; Flinto;
- Graphic/Visual Design: Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/XD); Sketch; etc;
- Others: working with Mac & MS Office (Powerpoint, Keynote).
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and proficient level of business English.
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A global mindset, eagerness to learn, and the ability to function in international teams;
- People management and project management experience.
- The opportunity to drive innovation at large incumbents, helping them to become more customer-centric.
- We offer extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance; At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience. We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY. Your dream career begins here.