EY VODW represents the customer-centric innovation practice in Belgium and is a specialized team delivering customer-focused solutions. Our focus is on helping large companies understand their customers better and design, build and launch new innovative products, services, and corporate ventures. We support our clients from innovation strategy to working MVP and scaling new solutions and services in the market.
EY VODW has a multi-disciplinary team of + 100 professionals in Belgium and the Netherlands combined and is part of a network of 1.500 + innovation experts throughout Europe. Our team has innovation strategists, service designers, UX/UI designers, data scientists, transformation experts, marketing technologists, and product developers. We are located in the Antwerp innovation hub, the Wavespace (just next to Berchem train station).
To further professionalize and grow our customer experience competence, we are actively looking for an experienced service designer to push our practice to the next level.
In short, the new team member we are looking for:
- Is obsessed with understanding the needs and behavior of end-consumers
- Easily translates his/her idea visually and engages through storytelling
- Has a natural flair for facilitating workshops with our clients
Does this sound familiar?
As an experienced service designer, you are expected to:
- Gather insights and requirements to develop an in-depth understanding of the project and the business context of our client
- Plan and conduct every step of user research using the appropriate techniques
- Understand, analyze and map complex journeys and processes
- Evaluate our clients’ existing services in terms of functionality, usability, content, accessibility, and usefulness
- Translate insights into quality design assets that articulate customer insights, journeys, and experiences such as personas, prototypes, user journey maps, experience maps, and service blueprints
- Identify and promote opportunities for process improvements, experiment with ideas, and review outcomes to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Shepherd clients through a service design process through driving workshops
- Convey complex information by using compelling and visual methods and engaging storytelling for audiences.
As a project lead, you are expected to:
- Take the lead in defining the project approach by identifying the most relevant research and service methodologies and tools.
- Supervise project work prepared by junior/ senior consultants, providing feedback and guidance on quality outputs encouraging them to think critically
- Deliver and promote exceptional service on engagements: apply an understanding of client needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope.
- Coach team members and encourage knowledge share with team
- Actively build positive relationships with clients with integrity and authenticity, understanding the client’s perspective and organizational culture.
- You have 4 to 6 years of experience as a Service Designer, working on a diverse range of problems in a human-centric way. You have a portfolio of projects that you can discuss and demonstrate how you have applied service design to business or organizational challenges either in-house or within a consulting role.
- You are endlessly inquisitive, ruthlessly user-focused, and able to use a combination of logic, empathy, rigor, and storytelling to articulate a customer or business problem before working creatively and technically to design a service that solves it.
- You love to tackle complex challenges with a user-centric approach and have experience with Design Thinking, Human-Centered Design, Service blueprinting, persona’s, Prototyping, Customer Validation, Lean and Agile methodologies.
- You are a passionate designer, and you have the skills needed to visualize your work at a high level. You know what you are doing and are proud of your work. You can substantiate your design choices and know how to inspire others with these choices;
- You are a team player and draw energy from collaborating with team members and peers to achieve end-to-end quality in the customer’s- and employee’s experience;
- You draw energy from participating in workshops where you pitch & critique each other’s ideas;
- You are aware of the latest digital developments, curious, and actively looking to learn.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French, with professional knowledge of English.
Important to know when you join EYVODW.
We are proud of our way of working:
- Ideas breed ideas, and so we work for multi-disciplinary teams and embed clients in our process. We work in the open, share our thinking early, and build on each other’s contributions.
- We work generatively. We create things to clarify thinking, align understanding and move towards a solution that works.
- We believe in iteration. No one gets it right the first time. We don’t expect to.
- We are ambitious yet realistic in our solutions. Our work sits in the sweet spot between desirable, viable, feasible, and allowable. Getting it there is a big part of what we do.
- We are doers AND thinkers and know when to switch from one to the other and create time and space for both.
- We are used to navigating complexity. People, organizations, technology, policies, regulations. Designing services puts you at the center of complexity. We need to make sense of it all quickly and flex and adapt to move through it effectively.
- We are fascinated by service in all its forms with a desire to deliver excellent solutions in the teams we put together for clients, to help them improve existing services, invent new ones, and ultimately grow businesses.
- You join a dynamic, young team exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services, and customer experience;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances, and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan, etc.).;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to helping you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY, we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.