As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer or Visual Designer? You know a designer is a Jack-of-all-trades. With your qualities, you can excel in different design domains, but your strengths lie in the UX/UI phase, after the early concept stage.
At EY VODW you will be at the core of many innovative business ideas. You work in a fast-paced environment and help visualize ideas at their early stages. You drive innovation in large corporates by ideating on new concepts (products or services, experiences,..).
As a UX/UI designer, you are responsible for taking a concept and further refining it into a well-designed (digital) solution. You know how to move from high-level prototypes and mockups towards end-to-end user flows, working from a human-centred approach. In these sprints you work alongside our digital strategists or product owners and clients. You like to work at a high-pace and derive your energy from UX and UI design, not (only) concept design. You understand that testing and iterative design is crucial when launching early-stage solutions.
EY VODW is a team specialized in customer-centric innovation and digital transformation, delivering customer-focused solutions. Our team works with large companies who want to innovate, move faster and become more agile, like a startup. As such, they ask us to support them in the development of innovation strategy, new products and services, digital solutions, and surprising customer experiences.
We are located in the Antwerp innovation hub, the Wavespace (just next Berchem train station).
Your key responsibilities
- You are involved in defining and delivering digital solutions for our clients;
- You strive for impact: as a designer, you know how important a fitting User Experience is for the conversion, adoption, and retention of users. You appreciate the research and refinement aspect of the concept and UX design;
- Your focus and energy come from a tangible realization: you enjoy taking a concept and further designing it into a working solution from a UX and/or UI perspective, alongside engineers/developers.
- You drive the ideation and evaluation process, where you focus on refining early assumptions with users/customers with the use of MVP launches…. You do this in a team with at least a digital strategist, and possibly data scientists or marketing technologists;
- You contribute by turning great ideas into tangible prototypes such as mobile app mockup, iPad prototypes for client interviews, mini-landing pages, website mock-up, animated storyboard, UX/UI projects, etc;
- You participate in design sprints at your client and develop prototypes;
- You work with our teams of innovation consultants as well as with clients. This means you will be based at our Antwerp office and move around to client sites when needed;
- You represent the UX side of things. You provide guidance on design best practices.
Skills and attributes for success
- You are a creative thinker and you like to operate on the user experience side of concepts;
- You are a passionate designer and you have the skills needed to create digital designs of high quality, not only visually attractive but well thought out from a user flow perspective;
- You love to transform an abstract idea into a tangible visualization;
- You are genuinely interested in innovation and business design in the broad sense: what products make sense for a market, company, user;
- You can substantiate your design choices and know how to inspire others with these choices;
- You get energy from participating in workshops where you pitch & critique each other’s ideas;
- You are a team player and believe in co-creation;
- You are aware of the latest digital developments, curious and actively looking to learn.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor or master’s degree in arts, design,… or a clearly demonstrated work experience as a UX/UI designer.
- 2-5 years of experience in UX/UI design and know your way around most graphical software;
- experience with Design Thinking, human-centred Design, Prototyping, Customer Validation, Lean and Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a proficient level of business English.
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A global mindset, eagerness to learn, and the ability to function in international teams;
- People management and project management experience.
Ideal technical knowledge and certificates
- Digital (animated) Mockups/Interaction design: InVision, POP; Marvel; Flinto;
- Graphic/Visual Design: Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/XD); Sketch; etc;
- Others: working with Mac & MS Office (Powerpoint, Keynote).
What working at EY offers
- You join a dynamic, young team, exclusively focused on innovation, new products & services, and customer experience;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to helping you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.